Employer’s Handbook: Complying with IRS Employee Benefits Rules
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe™ .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
Your benefits compliance obligations keep growing, so you need to be on top of developments affecting health plans, cafeteria plans, educational assistance, fringe benefits and more. Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer's Guide to Complying with IRS Employee Benefits Rules gives you step-by-step guidance and practical strategies that help you understand and comply with complex, overlapping employee benefit regulations.
- Avoid tax penalties as well as the loss of your employee benefits tax deduction!
- Understand how the new health reform law affects your employee benefit plan.
- Save time with sample forms, documents, and real life illustrations to help you manage your plans.
- Contact the editor with unanswered questions — a special resource for customers.
With Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer's Guide to Complying with IRS Employee Benefits Rules, you can:
The Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer's Guide to Complying with IRS Employee Benefits Rules gives you step-by-step guidance and practical strategies that help you understand and comply with complex, overlapping employee benefit regulations.
Here are just a few benefits of Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer's Guide to Complying with IRS Employee Benefits Rules:
- Receive Daily News — Thompson’s HR Expert Compliance Daily provides you with breaking developments on HR, pensions and benefits delivered right to your desktop via email alert. Of course, if you choose to receive alerts less frequently, you can manage your preferences to receive your news on a weekly basis.*
- Receive Spotlight on HR Intelligence — A bi-monthly newsfeed, these online articles bring expert commentary from leading HR professionals. You’ll get authoritative information on hot topics that will keep you abreast of the latest compliance issues and best practices to help you avoid penalties and costly fines.*
- Access Casemaker® — a continually updated collection of legal resources including federal and state statutes and regulations.*
- Receive Education & Training — specially selected webinars for your own professional development are part of HR Compliance Expert. Plus, you’ll have access to handouts and related materials you can use to train your staff and other managers in your organization.*
- Access the Advanced Search feature — designed to drive you immediately to the information you need. This feature provides an easy-to-use template that enables you to use common Boolean proximity connectors, find matches based on misspelled or partial words, and narrow the scope of your search by publication, topic and other criteria.*
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
- One-volume manual
- Updates (12 updates)
- Newsletters (12)
About Your Subscription
Your annual subscription includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12 month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Todd A. Solomon is a partner in the Chicago office of the McDermott, Will & Emery law firm. His practice includes a wide variety of employee benefits matters, including drafting and amending profit-sharing plans, 401(k) plans, pension plans, welfare plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements. Mr. Solomon received his law degree from the University of Chicago School of Law. Todd A. Solomon is a contributing editor of Employer's Handbook: Complying With IRS Employee Benefit Rules. He also is author of the third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh editions of Domestic Partner Benefits: An Employer's Guide and co-author of its first and second editions.
David R. Fuller is a partner in the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius. Mr. Fuller focuses on tax planning and tax controversy matters involving employment taxes, fringe benefits, and contingent workforces. He is a recognized authority on matters involving payroll taxes, including worker classification, Section 530 relief, Section 3121(v), Social Security taxes, independent contractors, income tax withholding, supplemental unemployment compensation benefit plans, employee outsourcing, and information reporting. Mr. Fuller also has a background in qualified transportation fringes, executive fringe benefits, working condition fringes, employer-provided jet aircraft and automobiles, no additional cost fringes, meals/lodging, accountable plans, and income minimization techniques. He is a frequent seminar speaker and writer on issues involving fringe benefits, employment taxes and the contingent workforce. Mr. Fuller is contributing editor of Thompson’s Employer's Guide to Fringe Benefit Rules.
Editorial Advisory Board for the Employer's Handbook: Complying with IRS Employee Benefits Rules
Marianna G. Dyson, Esq.
Miller & Chevalier Chartered
Richard F. Federico
Managing Partner, Workplace Innovations
David R. Fuller, Esq.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Karen L. Kirkpatrick
Vicki M. Nielsen
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
WFC Resources, Inc.
The Segal Company
Valeri Stevens, APM, FLMI, CEBS, APA, EA
Main Street Benefits