Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Public Employer’s FLSA Solutions
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe's .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
STANDING ORDER PROGRAM
on this order with enrollment in
our Standing Order Program!
You're invited to enroll in Thompson's Standing Order program which entitles you to a 20% discount on this purchase and the purchase of all future editions of this publication.
As a member of the Standing Order Program you will automatically receive future editions of this publication for a 30-day risk free review every time we update it so that you are always kept current. If you decide to keep the new edition, you'll pay the then current price. If not, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt absolutely risk free. Thompson will even pay return shipping if you call 1-800-677-3789. It's that simple, and you'll always be kept up to date.
Quantity Pricing Information.
To receive a special rate for 10 or more copies,
please call 1-800-424-2959 ext 8316.
Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | Public Employer’s FLSA Solutions is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use resource of its kind. Our experts created this new digital research library to help you effectively achieve and maintain compliance with wage-and-hour requirements. The Public Employer’s FLSA Solutions library enables you to mitigate the risks of noncompliance under the Fair Labor Standards Act by offering you answers to the trickiest wage-and-hour questions.
- Fair Labor Standards Act for States, Local Governments and Schools is focused on the public sector. It is a complete resource for organizations like yours that need to know how to stay in compliance with the FLSA and its regulations and out of trouble with the U.S. Department of Labor and the courts. It shows you exactly how the FLSA applies to your daily operations and also explains the steps to take when a problem occurs.
- Public Employer’s Guide to FLSA Employee Classification helps you understand complicated classification issues. It also provides guidance on how you can defend yourself against allegations of misclassification by providing you with materials such as DOL’s FLSA exemption rules and opinion letters.
- Stay on top of changes to the FLSA regulations and understand the implications of new court rulings. Comply not just with federal requirements, but also with the mandates specific to the states in which you operate.
- Effectively respond to a DOL investigation or audit.
- Confidently implement special rules on overtime and other issues.
- Understand your duties under the child labor regulations.
- Streamline your daily procedures with sample forms and documents.
- Prepare and monitor potential FLSA compliance issues based on guidance from leading HR attorneys and other experts.
- Defend yourself against allegations of misclassification with materials, such as DOL’s FLSA exemption rules and opinion letters.
- Manage your classification responsibilities efficiently and apply the salary and duties tests correctly, allowing you to minimize damages and avoid mistakes and lawsuits.
- Save time in creating procedures with proven sample forms and documents.
- And more!
Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | Public Employer’s FLSA Solutions consists of two products providing crucial information on the core HR management areas. They include:
With Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | Public Employer’s FLSA Solutions, you can immediately access the dependable HR intelligence you need to be 100-percent confident of compliance with the rapidly changing laws and regulations related to wage-and-hour requirements. You will be able to:
With Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | Public Employer’s FLSA Solutions, you’ll receive:
- Instant Updates — Our top-of-the-line content is updated instantly to reflect late-breaking news and developing issues — not just once a month!
- Spotlight on HR Intelligence — A bi-monthly email feed, these carefully selected articles provide strategic insight from some of the nation’s most seasoned HR professionals. You’ll get authoritative information on a variety of hot HR, employment law, pension and benefits issues. Their expert perspectives highlight the latest compliance issues and offer best practices to help you avoid penalties and costly fines.*
- Daily News — Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert Daily provides customers breaking developments on HR compliance, employment law, benefits and retirement plan regulation and administration delivered right to your desktop via email alert. Of course, if you choose to receive alerts less frequently, you can choose to receive your news on a weekly basis.*
- Federal and State Regulations and Statutes — Quickly and easily consult the full text of federal and state labor laws and other employment-related provisions, including the administrative codes for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Education & Training — specially selected webinars are part of HR Compliance Expert | Public Employer’s FLSA Solutions. Exempt and Non-Exempt Employees—Are You Sure They Are Properly Classified? is just one example. Plus, you’ll have access to handouts and related materials for training staff and managers in your organization.*
- Advanced Search feature — designed to drive you immediately to the information you need, our Advanced Search provides an easy-to-use template that enables you to use common Boolean proximity connectors, find matches based on misspelled or partial words, and narrow the scope of your search by publication, topic and other criteria.*
About Your Online Subscription
Your annual subscription includes electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools and forms at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Online/Print Subscription
Your annual subscription includes print and electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools, forms and more at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Daniel B. Abrahams, Esq., is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of the international law firm, Brown Rudnick LLP.
Mr. Abrahams regularly represents employers before the U.S. Department of Labor and in the courts. Mr. Abrahams was an adjunct assistant professor at George Washington University Law School for almost a decade, where he co-taught a course entitled, "Federal Labor Standards" in the Government Contracts Program. He has lectured widely on government contracts and labor standards topics for private groups, the Small Business Administration, Federal Publications Inc., the Educational Services Institute, and the George Washington University Government Contracts Program. He is co-author of the Fair Labor Standards Handbook for States, Local Governments and Schools, the Employer's Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Public Employer's Guide to FLSA Employee Classification, and the FLSA Employee Exemption Handbook, all published by Thompson Publishing Group®, and serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the monthly newsletters of all four publications.
Sandra J. Boyd is the vice president of advocacy and outreach for Achieve, Inc., a bipartisan, non-profit organization that helps states raise academic standards, improve assessments and strengthen accountability to prepare all young people for postsecondary education, work and citizenship. She holds an undergraduate degree from San Diego State University and a juris doctor from the George Washington University Law School. Boyd has served as the vice president of human resources policy at the National Association of Manufacturers in Washington, D.C.; as Assistant General Counsel of the Labor Policy Association and as an attorney at the Washington, D.C., law firm of Epstein, Becker and Green, where she practiced labor and government contract law; and as an adjunct professor at George Washington University, National Law Center. She is co-author of Employer's Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act; Fair Labor Standards Handbook for States, Local Governments and Schools; FLSA Employee Exemption Handbook; and Public Employer's Guide to FLSA Employee Classification, published by Thompson Publishing Group®.
Sharon A. Campbell is a principal of Performance Management Institute in Silver Spring, Md., a consulting company specializing in growing small businesses. Sharon A. Campbell is author of FLSA Employee Exemption Handbook; and Public Employer's Guide to FLSA Employee Classification.
Gilbert J. Ginsburg is an attorney, and counselor-at-law and former partner in the Washington, D.C., law firm of Epstein Becker and Green. He holds an undergraduate degree and juris doctor from the University of Chicago and currently is an adjunct professor at The George Washington University Law School. He is co-author of the Fair Labor Standards Handbook for States, Local Governments and Schools; and Employer's Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act, published by Thompson Publishing Group®.
Shlomo D. Katz is counsel in the Washington, D.C. office of the international law firm, Brown Rudnick LLP. He holds a B.S. degree from the University of Maryland, School of Architecture, and a juris doctor from the George Washington University Law School. Katz’ areas of specialty include wage and hour, government procurement, and construction law. He advises clients on classification and salary basis issues, participates in wage-hour litigation, and assists clients in developing innovative compensation plans. He lectures regularly on the Fair Labor Standards Act and has been a contributing editor to several Thompson Publishing Group books and newsletters.
05/31/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/05/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/06/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/11/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/26/13 | 1:00 PM ET