Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe's .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
STANDING ORDER PROGRAM
on this order with enrollment in
our Standing Order Program!
You're invited to enroll in Thompson's Standing Order program which entitles you to a 20% discount on this purchase and the purchase of all future editions of this publication.
As a member of the Standing Order Program you will automatically receive future editions of this publication for a 30-day risk free review every time we update it so that you are always kept current. If you decide to keep the new edition, you'll pay the then current price. If not, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt absolutely risk free. Thompson will even pay return shipping if you call 1-800-677-3789. It's that simple, and you'll always be kept up to date.
Quantity Pricing Information.
To receive a special rate for 10 or more copies,
please call 1-800-677-3789.
Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use resource of its kind. Thompson Information Services specifically designed this new digital research library to help you easily navigate the complex web of compliance challenges related to the Family and Medical Leave Act. FMLA Compliance provides comprehensive analysis and practical guidance on how to most effectively implement FMLA policies and responds to questions related to your day-to-day leave issues.
- Comply with the FMLA with ease
- Administer leave policies with confidence
- Integrate your leave policies so they meet FMLA and state-law requirements
- Determine employee eligibility for leave and apply the proper procedures for reinstatement
- Understand the definition of a "serious health condition" as it applies to your leave policies
- Reduce fraud and avoid wrongfully discharging employees
- And more!
With Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance you can:
Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance is the new and exciting online compliance resource designed to help you achieve and maintain FMLA compliance effectively. It provides practical guidance on the U.S. Department of Labor’s recent regulatory changes and provides tools to help you master all other FMLA requirements:
- Stay ahead of the game with instant updates as soon as important changes happen – you won’t have to wait for a monthly update. We’ll get late-breaking news and developing issues to you right away!*
- Reduce your risk of fraud and avoid wrongful discharges with a better understanding of the intricacies of applicable regulations, guidance and policies. Access customizable forms and handy checklists to assist with you day-to-day work.*
- Access the Advanced Search feature — designed to drive you immediately to the information you need. This feature provides an easy-to-use template that enables you to use common Boolean proximity connectors, find matches based on misspelled or partial words, and narrow the scope of your search by publication, topic and other criteria.*
- Resolve unique situations and respond to complex situations with easy access to our in-house subject matter experts.
- And more!
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
With Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance, you’ll receive:
- Instant Updates — Content is updated to reflect late-breaking news and developing issues right away — not just once a month!*
- Spotlight on HR Intelligence — A bi-monthly newsfeed, these online articles bring insight from HR professionals straight to you. You’ll get authoritative information on a variety of hot HR, pension and benefits issues. Their expert perspectives highlight the latest compliance issues and offer best practices to help you avoid penalties and costly fines.*
- Daily News — Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert Daily provides customers with breaking developments on HR law, benefits and retirement plan regulation and administration delivered right to your desktop via email alert. Of course, if you choose to receive alerts less frequently, you can choose to receive news on a weekly basis.*
- Access to Casemaker® — a continually updated collection of legal resources including federal and state statutes and regulations.*
- Education & Training — specially selected webinars are part of HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance. On Again, Off Again: Can you Control Intermittent Leave Under the FMLA is just one example that gives you access to handouts and related materials for training staff and managers in your organization.*
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
About Your Online Subscription
Your annual subscription includes electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools and forms at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing email@example.com
About Your Online/Print Subscription
Your annual subscription includes print and electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools, forms and more at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Print Subscription
Your annual subscription to Family and Medical Leave Handbook includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12 month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Peter A. Susser is a partner in the Washington, D.C., law office of Littler Mendelson, where he represents employers and trade associations in labor and employment matters. He holds an undergraduate degree from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations, a J.D. from the law school of the College of William and Mary and an L.L.M. in labor law from the Georgetown University Law Center. Peter Susser is author and contributing editor of Family and Medical Leave Handbook.