Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | 401(k) Plan Requirements
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe's .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
STANDING ORDER PROGRAM
on this order with enrollment in
our Standing Order Program!
You're invited to enroll in Thompson's Standing Order program which entitles you to a 20% discount on this purchase and the purchase of all future editions of this publication.
As a member of the Standing Order Program you will automatically receive future editions of this publication for a 30-day risk free review every time we update it so that you are always kept current. If you decide to keep the new edition, you'll pay the then current price. If not, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt absolutely risk free. Thompson will even pay return shipping if you call 1-800-677-3789. It's that simple, and you'll always be kept up to date.
Quantity Pricing Information.
To receive a special rate for 10 or more copies,
please call 1-800-424-2959 ext 8316.
Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | 401(k) Plan Requirements is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use resource of its kind. Thompson Information Services specifically designed this new digital research library to help you easily navigate the complex web of compliance challenges. As 401(k) plans face more scrutiny and complex fee disclosure obligations, this is the one-stop resource for guidance on how to manage new obligations and deal with day-to-day issues regarding plan design and administration, contributions, nondiscrimination testing, reporting requirements and more.
- Stay current on topics such as your new disclosure obligations, how companies address the challenges the economy poses for retirement plans, discharging fiduciary duties and more!
- Implement new programs, such as automatically enrolling employees and increasing their contributions.
- Protect your plans with investment advice for employees from professional money managers. Use plan administration tips and guidance on regulations that implement the Pension Protection Act.
- Ensure employees will gain a tax benefit from plans adopting the Roth feature.
- Contact the editor with unanswered questions — a special resource for subscribers.
- And more!
- Stay ahead of the game with instant updates as soon as important changes happen — you won’t have to wait for a monthly update. We’ll get late-breaking news and developing issues to you right away!*
- Reduce your risk of lawsuits, penalties and government audits with a better understanding of the intricacies of applicable regulations, guidance and policies. Access customizable forms and handy checklists to assist with your day-to-day work.*
- Access the Advanced Search feature — designed to drive you immediately to the information you need. This feature provides an easy-to-use template that enables you to use common Boolean proximity connectors, find matches based on misspelled or partial words, and narrow the scope of your search by publication, topic and other criteria.*
- Resolve unique situations and respond to complex situations with easy access to our in-house subject matter experts.
- And more!
With Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | 401(k) Plan Requirements you can:
Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | 401(k) Plan Requirements is the new and exciting online compliance resource designed to help you achieve and maintain compliance effectively. It provides practical guidance and tools to help you master all other 401(k) requirements:
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
With Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert | 401(k) Plan Requirements, you’ll receive:
- Instant Updates — Content is updated to reflect late-breaking news and developing issues right away — not just once a month!*
- Spotlight on HR Intelligence — A bimonthly newsfeed, these online articles bring insight from HR professionals straight to you. You’ll get authoritative information on a variety of hot HR, pension and benefits issues. Their expert perspectives highlight the latest compliance issues and offer best practices to help you avoid penalties and costly fines.*
- Daily News — Thompson’s HR Compliance Expert Daily provides customers with breaking developments on HR law, benefits and retirement plan regulation and administration delivered right to your desktop via email alert. Of course, if you choose to receive alerts less frequently, you can receive news weekly.*
- Access to Casemaker® — a continually updated collection of legal resources including federal and state statutes and regulations is available.*
- Education and Training — Specially selected webinars are part of HR Compliance Expert | 401(k) Plan Requirements. ERISA Fiduciaries: Tips, Tricks and Best Practices is just one example, giving you access to handouts and related materials for training staff and managers in your organization.*
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
About Your Online Subscription
Your annual subscription includes electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools and forms at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing email@example.com
About Your Online/Print Subscription
Your annual subscription includes print and electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools, forms and more at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Print Subscription
Your annual subscription includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12 month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Arris Reddick Murphy is an attorney with experience in the employee benefits and executive compensation practice area, and she is senior counsel with FedEx Corporation's Tax & Employee Benefits Law group. Before joining FedEx, Ms. Murphy held the position of associate with the law firm of Potter Anderson & Corroon, LLP, and worked in-house with The Vanguard Group, and the City of Philadelphia as counsel to its Board of Pensions and Retirement. She is contributing editor of Thompson's The 401(k) Handbook.
Martha Priddy Patterson is director of benefits policy analysis for Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.'s Human Capital Advisory Services in Washington, D.C. Ms. Patterson is the author of such publications as "Retirement Plan Basics: Selecting Programs That Support Organization Objectives" (American Compensation Association), and The New Working Woman's Guide to Retirement Planning (University of Pennsylvania Press). Ms. Patterson is a Ms. Patterson is a Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, graduate of Vanderbilt University and the University of Texas School of Law and a member of the D.C., Virginia and Texas bars. Martha Priddy Patterson is contributing editor of The 401(k) Plan Handbook.
Joseph S. Hessenthaler, Contributing Editor to The 401(k) Handbook, is a Principal of Towers Perrin in the firm’s Philadelphia consulting office, where he specializes in employee and executive retirement benefits. He holds a B.S. degree in mathematics from Trinity College and a law degree from Harvard Law School. Before joining Towers Perrin, Mr. Hessenthaler was a tax partner in a national law firm, where he specialized in employee benefits and executive compensation. He is a frequent speaker on employee benefit matters.
Paul M. Hamburger is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of the law firm Proskauer Rose LLP. Mr. Hamburger has more than 25 years of experience in advising employers and administrators, and is the author of numerous articles and publications on COBRA and other employee benefits issues affecting pension and welfare plans. He is a 1983 graduate of the University of Michigan Law School. Mr. Hamburger is author and contributing editor of Mandated Health Benefits — The COBRA Guide; co-author of The New Health Care Reform Law: What Employers Need to Know (A Q&A Guide), 3rd Edition; and author of the Pension Plan Fix-It Handbook and Guide to Assigning and Loaning Benefit Plan Money, all published by Thompson Publishing Group.
Editorial Advisory Board for the The 401(k) Handbook
Joseph S. Adams
McDermott Will & Emery
Karen Kay Barnes
Oak Brook, IL
Proskauer Rose LLP
Winston & Strawn
Arris Reddick Murphy
C. Frederick Reish
Drinker, Biddle & Reath
Los Angeles, CA
William F. Sweetnam, Jr.
The Groom Law Group
Nicholas J. White
Musick, Peeler & Garrett
Los Angeles, CA