Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe's .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
STANDING ORDER PROGRAM
on this order with enrollment in
our Standing Order Program!
You're invited to enroll in Thompson's Standing Order program which entitles you to a 20% discount on this purchase and the purchase of all future editions of this publication.
As a member of the Standing Order Program you will automatically receive future editions of this publication for a 30-day risk free review every time we update it so that you are always kept current. If you decide to keep the new edition, you'll pay the then current price. If not, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt absolutely risk free. Thompson will even pay return shipping if you call 1-800-677-3789. It's that simple, and you'll always be kept up to date.
Quantity Pricing Information.
To receive a special rate for 10 or more copies,
please call 1-800-424-2959 ext 8316.
Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements analyzes HIPAA’s new and existing privacy and security rules from a plan sponsor point of view, so you can steer clear of enforcement — and avoid the liability and brand risk of having to report a health data breach.
- Understand HIPAA in plain English
- Stay in compliance and be confident you’re addressing new requirements
- Save time by using the sample forms, charts, notices, and checklists provided with your manual
- Save money by having one comprehensive resource that provides the most authoritative guidance
- Contact the editor with unanswered questions — a special resource for customers
With Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements you can:
Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements walks you through the breach response and other strict new requirements of the HITECH Act, focusing on the special problems they present for employers and other sponsors of group health plans. Plus, it brings you tips and techniques for revisiting your compliance with HIPAA's existing rules, so you're ready for this new era of tighter enforcement.
Here are just a few benefits of the HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements:
- Receive Daily News — Thompson’s HR Expert Compliance Daily provides you with breaking developments on HR, pension and benefits delivered right to your desktop via email alert. Of course, if you choose to receive alerts less frequently, you can manage your preferences to receive your news on a weekly basis.*
- Receive Spotlight on HR Intelligence — A bi-monthly newsfeed, these online articles bring expert commentary from leading HR professionals. You’ll get authoritative information on hot topics that will keep you abreast of the latest compliance issues and best practices to help you avoid penalties and costly fines.*
- Access Casemaker® — a continually updated collection of legal resources including federal and state statutes and regulations.*
- Receive Education & Training — Specially selected webinars for your own professional development are part of HR Compliance Expert. Plus, you’ll have access to handouts and related materials you can use to train your staff and other managers in your organization.*
- Access the Advanced Search feature — designed to drive you immediately to the information you need. This feature provides an easy-to-use template that enables you to use common Boolean proximity connectors, find matches based on misspelled or partial words, and narrow the scope of your search by publication, topic and other criteria.*
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
About Your Online Subscription
Your annual subscription includes electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools and forms at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Online/Print Subscription
Your annual subscription includes print and electronic updates, news, analysis, training tools, forms and more at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing email@example.com
About Your Print Subscription
Your annual subscription to Employer’s Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12 month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Bakich, Esq., is a senior vice president and the national director of health compliance for The Segal Company in Washington, D.C. She specializes in research and analysis of federal laws and regulations affecting health coverage, such as HIPAA, COBRA, the Newborns' and Mothers' Health Protection Act, the Mental Health Parity Act and the Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act. Previously, she was an attorney in private practice representing multi-employer health plans and was an appellate administrative law judge. She is a 1985 graduate of the University of Missouri School of Law. Ms. Bakich is co-author of Thompson's Employer's Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements.
Joanne Hustead, Esq. is vice president of health compliance with Segal. She specializes in research and analysis of federal laws and regulations affecting group health plans. Previously, she was an assistant research professor at Georgetown University's Institute for Health Care Research and Policy (now the Health Policy Institute), where she focused on medical privacy laws. She was the primary author of Genetics and Privacy, published in the American Journal of Law & Medicine (Vol. 28) 285-307 (2002) and Genetics and Privacy: A Patchwork of Protections, published by the California HealthCare Foundation (2002). She is a 1982 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Law. Ms. Hustead is a contributing editor of Thompson's Employer's Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements.
Editorial Advisory Board for the Employer's Guide to HIPAA Privacy Requirements
Kathryn Bakich, Esq.
The Segal Company
Rich Glass, J.D.
Paul M. Hamburger, Esq.
Proskauer Rose LLP
Jack B. Helitzer, Esq.
Joanne Hustead, Esq.
The Segal Company
Mark E. Lutes, Esq.
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
Joseph A. Murphy, Jr., Esq.
Jon A. Neiditz, Esq.
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
George Pantos, Esq.
Adam Russo, Esq.
Russo & Minchoff LLP
Mark L. Stember, Esq.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
Roberta Casper Watson, Esq.
Trenam, Kemker, Scharf, Barkin, Frye, O'Neill & Mullis PA
06/25/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/27/13 | 2:00 PM ET