Techniques for Monitoring Federal Subawards, 3rd Edition
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe's .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
STANDING ORDER PROGRAM
on this order with enrollment in
our Standing Order Program!
You're invited to enroll in Thompson's Standing Order program which entitles you to a discount on this purchase and the purchase of all future editions of this publication.
As a member of the Standing Order Program you will automatically receive future editions of this publication for a 30-day risk free review every time we update it so that you are always kept current. If you decide to keep the new edition, you'll pay the then current price. If not, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt absolutely risk free. Thompson will even pay return shipping if you call 1-800-677-3789. It's that simple, and you'll always be kept up to date.
Quantity Pricing Information.
To receive a special rate for 10 or more copies,
please call 1-800-424-2959 ext 8316.
Techniques for Monitoring Federal Subawards, 3rd Edition is written specifically to help federal grant recipients remain in compliance with important monitoring requirements of OMB Circular A-133 and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
With Techniques for Monitoring Federal Subawards, you can:
• Understand why there is a greater need for subrecipient monitoring
• Confidently meet the requirements of the Open Government Directive
• Save time by relying on ONE resource that walks you step by step through the monitoring requirements
Thompson’s newest edition of the best-selling guidebook for subrecipeint monitoring is now available. Since the previous edition in 2007, the federal government has toughened accountability and transparency standards and launched the website, FederalReporting.gov, which allows everyone to track where Recovery Act dollars are spent. Making sure you can meet the important monitoring requirements of OMB Circular A-133 and the Recovery Act, however, takes thorough research, detailed paperwork and valuable time. Techniques for Monitoring Federal Subawards is written to help you comply with these monitoring requirements. The new 2010 edition has been expanded to:
• Explain the differences between a subrecipient and a vendor;
• Walk you through what you need to know to properly monitor your subrecipients to meet the needs of USASpending.gov and the Recovery Act’s FederalReporting.gov;
• Look at how the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act is affecting subrecipient monitoring;
• Explain how the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has intensified the need for subrecipient monitoring; and
• Spell out what you will need to do to meet the requirements of the Obama administration’s Open Government Directive.
Written by the editors of the Federal Grants Management Handbook and Single Audit Information Service, this edition of Techniques for Monitoring Federal Subawards also includes these helpful guidance and tools:
• Internal Control Assessment Checklist
• A sample audit process
• Performance indicators and measures
• Guidance on how to conduct meaningful site visits
• Guidance on how to document pre-award understandings
• Pre-Award techniques such as, assessing the applicant, reviewing the program, and tailoring the agreement
• Post-Award techniques such as, audits and reviewing financial and performance reports
• Federal Cash Management — what every grantee and subgrantee should know
• Sample subaward agreements, checklists and excerpts from Office of Management and Budget circulars.
• Summary of Monitoring Requirements
• Structuring Subaward Agreements as Sound Monitoring Tools
• Effective Monitoring Methods for Particular Subrecipients
• Using Audits and Other Reports as Monitoring Tools
Techniques for Monitoring Federal Subawards, 3rd Edition is available in print (softbound) and in eBook format.
Thompson eBooks are digital versions of selected Thompson titles which can be read on portable digital devices, including most of the major types of e-readers (such as the Nook and Sony devices), tablet devices such as iPads, as well as desktop, laptop and other PC and Mac computers. You can download your eBook up to four times and transfer your Thompson eBooks on up to four devices.
All titles except for Kindle/Mobi files are accessed through Adobe® Digital Editions, a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply download it to your computer.
Thompson Information Services is the leader in regulatory compliance and guidance since 1972. Thousands of professionals in business, government, law, and academia have relied on Thompson for the most authoritative, timely, and practical guidance available. We offer insight you can trust.
05/29/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/13/13 | 2:00 PM ET