Employer’s Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe™ .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
Thompson’s Employer’s Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits analyzes the best ways you can run self-funded plans in light of rising health care costs and, more importantly, how you can now manage your new compliance obligations due to the health care reform law.
- Prepare for key health reform provisions that will change how you administer your self-insured plan
- Set up and efficiently run a self-funded plan
- Understand health reform and other health benefit laws, court rulings and regulations, with clear plain-English explanations from leading experts in healthcare benefits law
- Stay ahead of the game with updates of news, analysis, practice tools, and newsletters to keep you current on critical developments and trends
- Save time by using the forms, charts, sample notices and checklists offered in the Guide
- Contact the editor with unanswered questions — a special resource for customers
With Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits, you can:
The HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits helps you decide whether to implement a self-funded plan and how to keep that plan in compliance with recent federal regulations, court rulings and legislation that could make major and minor changes to plan design. This complete professional resource explains all you need to know about self-funding, from cost-saving options to compliance with federal and state rules.
Here are just a few benefits of the HR Compliance Expert | Employer’s Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits:
- Receive Daily News — Thompson’s HR Expert Compliance Daily provides you with breaking developments on HR, pension and benefits delivered right to your desktop via email alert. Of course, you can manage your preferences to receive your news less frequently.*
- Receive Spotlight on HR Intelligence — A bi-monthly newsfeed, these online articles bring expert commentary from leading HR professionals. You’ll get authoritative information on hot topics that will keep you abreast of the latest compliance issues and best practices to help you avoid penalties and costly fines.*
- Access Casemaker® — a continually updated collection of legal resources including federal and state statutes and regulations.*
- Receive Education & Training — Specially selected webinars for your own professional development are part of HR Compliance Expert. Plus, you’ll have access to handouts and related materials you can use to train your staff and other managers in your organization.*
- Access the Advanced Search feature — designed to drive you immediately to the information you need. This feature provides an easy-to-use template that enables you to use common Boolean proximity connectors, find matches based on misspelled or partial words, and narrow the scope of your search by publication, topic and other criteria.*
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
- Two-volume manual
- Updates (12 updates)
- Newsletters (12)
About Your Subscription
Your annual subscription includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12 month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Adam V. Russo, Esq. is the co-founder and CEO of The Phia Group LLC; a cost containment adviser and health plan consulting firm. In addition, Russo is the founder and managing partner of The Law Offices of Russo & Minchoff, a full-service law firm with offices in Boston and Braintree, Mass. He is an advisor to the board of directors at the Texas Association of Benefit Administrators and was named to the National Association of Subrogation Professionals Legislative Task Force. Mr. Russo is contributing editor of Thompson’s Employer’s Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits.
Editorial Advisory Board for the Employer's Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits
Kathryn Bakich, Esq.
The Segal Company
Rich Glass, J.D.
Paul M. Hamburger, Esq.
Proskauer Rose LLP
Jack B. Helitzer, Esq.
Joanne Hustead, Esq.
The Segal Company
Michael Laffey, Esq.
Laffey & Associates, P.C.
Mark E. Lutes, Esq.
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
James R. Napoli
Constangy, Brooks & Smith, LLP
Jon A. Neiditz, Esq.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
Adam V. Russo, Esq.
The Phia Group, LLC
Mark L. Stember, Esq.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP