Employer’s Guide to the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe™ .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
The Employer’s Guide to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use resource of its kind. It will help you steer clear of penalties and excise taxes by meeting HIPAA’s ever-expanding coverage mandates -- including the major changes required by health reform. This resource walks you through breach notification and the other new privacy and security rules, so you can avoid the 2009 HITECH Act’s stiff new fines.
- Understand HIPAA in plain-English with analysis of HIPAA’s broad and constantly changing requirements, and its interaction with other federal and state laws
- Remain in compliance with up-to-date notices, policies, and plan documents as new rules take effect
- Take immediate action with all the forms, charts, sample notices, and checklists provided
- Contact the editor with unanswered questions — a special resource for customers
With Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Guide to HIPAA Compliance you can:
Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Guide to HIPAA Compliance provides everything you need to comply with HIPAA’s vast and still-evolving requirements, including the stricter HIPAA portability requirements imposed by the March 2010 health reform law, other recent laws on genetic discrimination and mental health parity, and the tighter privacy and security controls imposed by the HITECH Act. This resource navigates you through the new and existing requirements, providing helpful guidance so you can avoid civil penalties, excise taxes, employee lawsuits and criminal prosecution.
Here are just a few benefits of Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | Guide to HIPAA Compliance:
- Receive Daily News — Thompson’s HR Expert Compliance Daily provides you with breaking developments on HR, pension and benefits delivered right to your desktop via email alert. Of course, if you choose to receive alerts less frequently, you can manage your preferences to receive your news on a weekly basis.*
- Receive Spotlight on HR Intelligence — A bi-monthly newsfeed, these online articles bring expert commentary from leading HR professionals. You’ll get authoritative information on hot topics that will keep you abreast of the latest compliance issues and best practices to help you avoid penalties and costly fines.*
- Access Casemaker® — a continually updated collection of legal resources including federal and state statutes and regulations.*
- Receive Education & Training — Specially selected webinars for your own professional development are part of HR Compliance Expert. Plus, you’ll have access to handouts and related materials you can use to train your staff and other managers in your organization.*
- Access the Advanced Search feature — designed to drive you immediately to the information you need. This feature provides an easy-to-use template that enables you to use common Boolean proximity connectors, find matches based on misspelled or partial words, and narrow the scope of your search by publication, topic and other criteria.*
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
- Two-volume manual
- Updates (4 updates)
- Newsletters (4)
About Your Subscription
Your annual subscription includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12 month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark L. Stember is a partner with Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP in Washington, D.C. He concentrates his practice on health and welfare benefits, flexible compensation, fringe benefits, executive compensation and qualified retirement plans. Stember co-chairs the Welfare Plan Design and Funding subcommittee for the Employee Benefits Committee of the American Bar Association's (ABA) Section of Taxation. He is also a co-chair of the ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits' Health and Welfare Benefit Plan National Institute that meets annually in Washington. Mr. Stember is contributing editor of Thompson's Employer's Guide to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Terry Humo, Esq., is a benefits consulting attorney based in Missoula, Mont. Humo is a board of directors member of the Wye River Group on HealthCare, a health care policy group in Washington, D.C. Humo formerly was a vice president and benefits consulting attorney with Sedgwick Noble Lowndes, corporate counsel with Intermountain Administrators and assistant vice president and benefits consulting attorney for Marsh, Inc. He is the author of numerous publications on health and other welfare benefits, including the Employer's Guide to HIPAA, the Employer's Guide to Self-Insuring Health Benefits and the ERISA Health and Welfare Handbook, published by Thompson Publishing Group.
Editorial Advisory Board for Employer's Guide to the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act
Kathryn Bakich, Esq.
The Segal Company
Rich Glass, J.D.
Paul M. Hamburger, Esq.
Proskauer Rose LLP
Jack B. Helitzer, Esq.
Terry Humo, Esq.
Joanne Hustead, Esq.
The Segal Company
Mark E. Lutes, Esq.
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
Joseph A. Murphy, Jr., Esq.
Jon A. Neiditz, Esq.
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
George Pantos, Esq.
Mark L. Stember, Esq.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
Roberta Casper Watson, Esq.
Trenam, Kemker, Scharf, Barkin, Frye, O'Neill & Mullis PA
06/25/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/27/13 | 2:00 PM ET