Pandemic Flu Continuity Plan Toolkit
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe™ .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
The threat to your business is real and demands that prudent steps be taken. This Toolkit is a a concise, ready-to-use blueprint that you can use to lessen a pandemic’s impact on your company. The Pandemic Flu Continuity Plan Toolkit gives you step-by-step planning instructions.
With the Pandemic Flu Continuity Plan Toolkit, you can:
• Be confident that you have sufficient measures in place to handle a business disruption
• Protect your employees by having flex-time considerations and crisis communications in place
• Save money by having strong investment management strategies in case of a payment systems outage
• Stay ahead of the game by keeping informed of industry news and protocols
Nobody knows for sure whether or not the current worldwide flu panic will reach pandemic levels. But the consequences of a worldwide flu pandemic are mind-boggling.
The threat to your business is real, and demands that prudent steps be taken.
That’s why Thompson’s just-released publication — Pandemic Flu Continuity Plan Toolkit — is a must-read. It’s a concise, ready-to-use blueprint you can use to lessen a flu pandemic’s impact on your company.
Step-by-step, this detailed Toolkit addresses every conceivable contingency relating to a flu pandemic - ensuring that you are as prepared as possible in these five major areas:
1. Continuity of essential functions — from employee training and cross-training to ensuring ongoing vendor supplies to maintaining flawless customer service.
2. Human Resources considerations: Best ways to enhance employee hygiene … travel and flex-time considerations … smart "social distancing" protocols … cleaning and maintenance standards … and more.
3. Security measures. How to mitigate potential security issues, from securing company security in case of temporary closure to adding computer security precautions for employees working at home.
4. Financial planning. How to plan for a potential disruption in transportation, trade, and payment systems … review investment management strategies … and more.
5. Crisis communications. How to develop a crisis communications strategy for media, employees and customers … plus ways to respond quickly and accurately to questions.
- Downloadable file
Mark Lies is a partner in the Chicago office of the nationally-recognized law firm Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Mr. Lies' practice specialty is in Labor Employment Law, and Occupational Safety and Health. He has extensive experience working with clients in the aftermath of the September 11th World Trade Center attacks, the SARS outbreak, anthrax attacks and post-Katrina business recovery. Mr. Lies is a featured presenter in the Thompson Avian flu audio conference series. He holds a Bachelor in Arts from the University of Notre Dame and received his law degree from DePaul University School of Law.
William Connors is the President and CEO of Risk Management Advisors, a major business continuity planning firm and a global provider of comprehensive security solutions. Mr. Connors has worked extensively with clients on post 9-11 emergency preparedness planning. He also writes and lectures frequently on risk management, business continuity planning, response and recovery, pandemic preparedness and security issues. Mr. Connors is also a featured presenter in the Thompson Avian flu audio conference series.
06/26/13 | 1:00 PM ET
06/27/13 | 1:00 PM ET
07/10/13 | 1:00 PM ET