Controlled Substances Handbook
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions, a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe™ .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
You need easy-to-understand text that clarifies what each regulation of the Controlled Substances Act requires. Thompson’s Controlled Substances Handbook describes in plain English detailed Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) requirements for manufacturing, storing, securing, shipping, distributing, importing, exporting and disposing of controlled substances as well as evolving requirements for electronic prescribing and online pharmacies.
With the Controlled Substances Handbook, you can:
- Take advantage of new options for disposing of controlled substances
- Stay in compliance with DEA requirements with clear listings and explanations of regulations
- Maximize your ability to apply for and maintain a DEA registration
- Stay ahead of the game with quarterly newsletters on DEA’s latest regulatory actions, as well as early warnings on proposed regulatory and legislative changes
- Call the editor with unanswered questions — a special resource for subscribers
Thompson’s Controlled Substances Handbook describes detailed Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) requirements for manufacturing, storing, securing, shipping, distributing, importing, exporting and disposing of controlled substances as well as evolving requirements for electronic prescribing and online pharmacies. The Handbook translates government jargon into easy-to-understand text and clarifies what each regulation of the Controlled Substances Act requires. You’ll find analysis of relevant laws, preambles, court cases and regulations. In addition, you’ll receive regular newsletters and updates throughout the year, keeping you up-to-date on the latest issues affecting the industry.
Thompson’s Controlled Substances Handbook keeps you up to speed on all of the issues that are important to you and your organization, including:
- Labeling and Packaging Requirements
- Electronic Prescriptions
- Requirements of the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act
- Records and Reporting
- Order Forms for Schedule I & II Substances
- Importation and Exportation of Listed Chemicals
- The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act
- The Controlled Substances Act
- Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act
You’ll get answers to critical questions, including:
- How do I modify our registration?
- What are the latest additions to the drug schedules?
- Are the right security systems in place?
- Are my products on the “Special Surveillance List”?
- Does my organization meet the new requirements for basic chemicals?
- How should I handle inspections?
- How does the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act impact my pharmacy operations?
- One-volume manual
- Updates (4)
- Newsletters (4)
About Your Subscription
Your annual subscription includes published updates at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by emailing email@example.com.
Kenneth Baumgartner has more than 30 years in the practice of food and drug law. He authored several law journal articles and technical works on various drug topics, including "The Pharmacist's Guide to the Controlled Substances Act." Mr. Baumgartner was formerly deputy chief counsel at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, assistant chief counsel at the Drug Enforcement Administration and analyst for the Army Surgeon General's Office. He received his J.D. from the Catholic University of America and his B.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame. Kenneth Baumgartner is author and contributing editor of Controlled Substances Handbook.