Domestic Partner Benefits: An Employer’s Guide
What is an eBook?
An electronic book (also e-book, ebook, digital book) is a digital publication that you can download and view on your computer, laptop, or mobile device. Now you can easily reference your content from the experts at Thompson anytime, anywhere.
|On Your PC or Laptop||On Your Apple Products||On Other Mobile Devices|
|View your Thompson eBooks on your computer with Adobe® Digital Editions., a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply install it to your computer prior to downloading your Thompson eBook.||View your Thompson eBooks on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the Bluefire Reader (available in the Apple App Store). Simply authorize your app with your Adobe ID and transfer your Thompson eBooks to your device using the iTunes file sharing feature.||Thompson offers the .ePUB format, which is readable on all devices that support the Adobe's .ACSM file. You can view Thompson eBooks on your Sony Reader, Nook, Blackberry, Android, and others. For a full list of mobile devices, see Support Devices.|
STANDING ORDER PROGRAM
on this order with enrollment in
our Standing Order Program!
You're invited to enroll in Thompson's Standing Order program which entitles you to a 20% discount on this purchase and the purchase of all future editions of this publication.
As a member of the Standing Order Program you will automatically receive future editions of this publication for a 30-day risk free review every time we update it so that you are always kept current. If you decide to keep the new edition, you'll pay the then current price. If not, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt absolutely risk free. Thompson will even pay return shipping if you call 1-800-677-3789. It's that simple, and you'll always be kept up to date.
Quantity Pricing Information.
To receive a special rate for 10 or more copies,
please call 1-800-424-2959 ext 8316.
Domestic Partner Benefits: An Employer’s Guide helps you investigate the pros and cons of offering pension, welfare and other benefits to employees’ domestic partners and walks you through the process of establishing and running a domestic partner benefits program.
With Domestic Partner Benefits: An Employer’s Guide you can:
• Easily determine who should receive benefits and who does not qualify
• Stay up to date on federal, state, and local laws regarding domestic benefits, domestic partnerships, and same-sex marriage
• Avoid potential pitfalls with guidance on taxes, payroll/withholding, HIPAA, and more
• Save time with sample documents, plans, and strategies so you can form the best plan for your company
• Answer any question about challenging benefits arrangements, such as adoption assistance
Domestic Partner Benefits: An Employer’s Guide helps you investigate the pros and cons of offering pension, welfare and other benefits to employees’ domestic partners and guides you through the process of establishing and running a domestic partner benefits program.
This book from the editors of Thompson Information Services addresses such issues as...
- Defining "domestic partner"
- Deciding who should receive domestic partner benefits
- The nuts and bolts of setting up and running a plan
- Tax, payroll/withholding, FMLA, COBRA and HIPAA administrative issues
- Effect of federal, state and local laws and court rulings
- How same-sex marriage relates to domestic partner benefits
This one-of-kind book features a model launch and timeline, model policies, notices, forms and affidavits, as well as real-life examples of what employers are doing. This edition of Domestic Partner Benefits: An Employer’s Guide also provides:
- An updated look at how state laws and state constitutions apply to same-sex marriage, and where it is legal
- An updated section on where partners can enter into civil unions and what those states require
- Updated treatment of challenges to the constitutionality of the federal Defense of Marriage Act
- An improved Q&A section on the basics of considering, setting up and running a domestic partner benefits
- Updated discussion of benefits available to domestic partners
- Updated sample documents and forms
- A discussion of tax treatment of domestic partner benefits
- A look at the potential costs of providing domestic partner benefits
Domestic Partner Benefits: An Employer’s Guide is available in eBook format.
Thompson eBooks are digital versions of selected Thompson titles which can be read on portable digital devices, including most of the major types of e-readers (such as the Nook and Sony devices), tablet devices such as iPads, as well as desktop, laptop and other PC and Mac computers. You can download your eBook up to four times and transfer your Thompson eBooks on up to four devices.
All titles except for Kindle/Mobi files are accessed through Adobe® Digital Editions, a free, lightweight platform that takes less than a minute to download and install over a broadband connection. Simply download it to your computer.
Thompson Information Services is the leader in regulatory compliance and guidance since 1972. Thousands of professionals in business, government, law, and academia have relied on Thompson for the most authoritative, timely, and practical guidance available. We offer insight you can trust.